Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Friday, August 6, 2010

in search of adventure-Claudia

Maybe it's because I read way too many books, but I've always been under the illusion that every summer is supposed to be this monumental, unforgettable adventure to tell stories about when you're old. I feel like you're supposed to spend all day at the pool eating ice cream with your best friend from across the street and all night sneaking out and pulling pranks. I also have always believed in summer romances, the intense, bittersweet days at the lake with the guy you will never see again.

This summer has had great moments, but I never feel like my life is an adventure. I never feel like a character from a book or a movie, but I think life is just like that. The rain doesn't fall just to match your feelings, the right song doesn't automatically play while you cry in your car, and adventure is never going to walk right up to you. If I want adventure I have to find it, in a person, in a place, it doesn't matter. I just have to do something to feel like my life matters, to get my story started. Hopefully, high school will do that for me. I'm going to try and pack as many new experiences into the next four years as I can...I don't want my life to be boring any longer.

Sorry if this was cheesy, but yay! My first real post!

No comments:

Post a Comment