Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Monday, August 23, 2010

High School-Claudia

So, I am going to LASA, which is this school for geeks, which is a little bit fantastic since I happen to be one. But, on the other hand...

Today was my first day and it was just...blah. I mean, except for getting an hour long lunch, it was a little too similar to my middle school. Most of the people are from my old school and it feels like I know everyone.

Nothing bad happened, no one was mean to me, I didn't get lost or creepily hit on. Because everyone is so similar, there aren't any cliche mean people or cliques. All of that missing from my school should be a good thing, but somehow I feel let down. I want to have that normal high school experience, I want to get teased and go to parties and get sexually harassed in the hallways and get in trouble with my parents for missing curfew and all that shit. I don't know, does that stuff actually happen at any high school or is it mostly just myths?

I didn't join band or swim team or dance, so I haven't really had a chance to get to know anyone yet, so maybe that's why I'm missing out on this stuff and maybe I'll be caught up by September.

I know going to LASA is good for my education and my future and blah blah blah, but maybe I just want to be a kid for a little bit longer and worry more about social stuff than school work. I just keep wondering if going here was the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment