Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Friday, June 18, 2010

What makes it all worthwhile - Lauren

So, I had 8 people at my house today. 8 Loud, Obnoxious, rude, perverted and Foul people at my house today. These are the people That I call my friends. I hosted an Anime Marathon, not that we did all that much watching of actual Anime. We put it on and made fun if it, laughing uproariously and having a great time. We went from one till 10:30, when the last person Left. Gerda, Joe, Paul, Marlena, Darwin, My brother Jim, his 'friend' Ashley, Nilsa and I all had an amazing time bring huge dorks and laughing at the most perverted stuff. A portion of us pitched in and we bought the entire series pack of the powerpuff girls. (Nilsa has a share in it toooo) We got caught in the random texas ten minute rain doing it and it soaked us all, but it was worth it. ^_^ We had an amazing time.

And it's nights and friends and times like these that make all the shit worth living through.

I don't know how anyone could ever want to give that up.

I had a friend tell me she was considering suicide, (I won't go into details, no one needs to know who or why.) But... It just made me wonder what could be so bad that someone would voluntarily give all this up. I know things suck sometimes, but I'm a firm believer in 'it's always darkest before the dawn'. If you can make it through the shit that seems so bad to you, then when you get out then nothing ever seems as bad because you've had that moment of complete blackness and you go 'well, it's better than that at least'. The funny thing? even in my moments of complete blackness... Nothing ever seemed worth giving my life for. I know there's always more to live for and things to do, people who I love who it would make me too sad to think about not ever seeing again.

Even if you feel like you have nothing and nothing is worth living for. Take a real hard look around you.

People have friends they take for granted, family they love but don't always like, pets, neighbors, hobbies, favorite flavors of ice cream, think about never seeing any of that again.

How does that not just depress you?

So, nothing would ever be worth it to me to just give my life up for a silly emotional reaction.

So no worries my friends (those of you who are my friends anyway, and I suppose to thse of you i haven't met yet as well I guess too. XD) You don't have to worry about me going anywhere for a long long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment