Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Monday, June 14, 2010

SO Symbolical -Nilsa

So yesterday I was playing a video game. "Super Smash Bros: Brawl." Ever heard of it? I was at some party. The only person my age locked himself away in his room, all the adults knew eachother, and were also smoking, and my mom was there with Irwin so I wanted to give them some time alone. Thus, I played video games with the children! I honestly didn't mind.
Most of the time I played as Zelda, like I always do, and was generally kicking buttocks. The 12-er-13-year-old kid was pretty darn good though. It pretty much always ended up just him versus me (the others had ran out of "lives") and I probably won a ratio of 1:3 games. Yes, that is the way that I think. At one point, I transformed into Sheik (Zelda's alter ego) for a bit, if only to confuse the little boy who was trying to figure out how to play.
"Who's that?" He asked. "Sheik," I said, "She's Zelda's alter ego!" I said this last part in a mysterious voice. Nobody really could of guessed that my mind was far off, back in the old days of playing "Super Smash Bros: Melee" at my best friend's house. She used to play as Kirby, but one day she saw me become Sheik and decided that playing as her looked awesome. I didn't like this for some reason, but I tried to take it as a complement. I remembered her occasionally switching to Zelda and saying "Fighting Fire with Fire" under her breath. I tried to do the same thing after a few hours, but she got quiet and started attacking harder, so I switched back.
Now here I was. Playing Super Smash with a whole new crowd. In the next round, after I had taken a shot with Sheik, my main competitior (12-er-13-kid) decided to try her out. She is pretty tough, after all.
Lemme tell you something real quick, before I move on: In 7th grade, I had the 5th highest GPA of the year. The only other girl who beat me was her, and I cheered very, very loud. Whenever we would both make friends with the same girl, I would be second on her list of Myspace "Heros." She would be first. Get the picture? Now back to the story:
The scene was all too familiar. Sheik violently kicked Zelda up in the air repeatedly, finding her weakness. We fought and fought. Sheik occasionally wasted one or two of Zelda's lives. I chased her around if she ever left me, and we would fight again, throwing any other character who got in our way of the screen with the push of a button. In the end, of course, it was just us, battling it out for the high chair, the queendom. We each had only one life left. We had to be careful. Each move was carefully planned out as we flew across the screen together, back and forth. Then there was a moment of silence. I was on the far left of the screen, her on the right. She picked up an arrow, and began to walk toward me. I tried to throw fire at her, but messed up repeatedly. I could feel the end coming near, but I still had hope. I still tried to use Zelda's magic to knock her down just one more time. I turned around, beginning an elaborate, time consuming move. She approached me, and quickly, with no change of facial expression what-so-ever, not even having to think about it... stabbed me in the back.

I got second place.

Happy Summer!

1 comment: