Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter -Nilsa

So, yay! It's Easter! Annnd I feel like a little whining brat.
You see, I've been asking for this Olympus Underwater Camera for eight months now. I was hoping I would be able to get it by May so that I could bring it on the Schlitterbahn trip. So, just imagine my surprise when I see these beautiful words outside my door after Easter morning: "Vivitar Underwater Camera!" We all hate Vivatar, but I just figured "Hey, it's okay, as longs as it's the underwater camera I've been waiting for!" I was super excited and went to go give my mom a good old fashioned hug. After this, I collected my old camera-card, my NEW CAMERA, my AAA batteries and a pair of shiny scissors.
The first thing I noticed when I opened it up was that it was made entirely of plastic. "It's okay, it's still underwater somehow." Lies. It come's with an underwater case... also plastic. It also had no place to put my memory card in. That's okay, it's underwater, and it takes like 150 pictures on it's own. Then I realized it was the first "digital" camera I have ever seen that has no LCD screen. I can't even SEE the pictures I take! Gah!!! I would have rather not gotten my hopes up with everyone thinking I would wake up with this beautiful creature waiting next to me. It's like if she said she would get me a puppy, and when she came home with it it had like one leg and was deaf, blind, and mute. I mean, I guess we have to take care of it but...?
I shoulda know. I mean, my mom has to be the best mom out there, but since I could walk I've been telling her to look at electronics before she just buys them. If the price looks too good to be true, it probably is.

1 comment:

  1. Awwwww...

    Nilsa, stop reading.
    Friends of Nilsa: Start a fund and begin adding money to it. Once it hits good-underwater-camera height, buy with all of our names attached. COMMENCE!

    ReplyDelete