Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Oy - My brother. >< - Lauren

So my brother is now that guy.

The emo kid who pierces his own ears in the bathroom With a safety pin and hides them under h
his hair.

The stoner who can't go more than a couple hours without smoking.

The obnoxious teen who hides everything from his family.

Yet he's either really dumb, or somewhere in there he wants to be Jimbo instead of James, he wants to tell his family and be the good kid again. He wants to be found out. Otherwise he wouldn't smoke in his closed room, he wouldn't pierce his ears and leave the blood in the sink. He wouldn't tell me the same lie every time he's out because he'd know I'll check with Johnny because we're kindof friends too and he'd realize Johnny would tell me Jim hasn't been with him.

I'm not sure what he expects... But especially when he and dad move into a much smaller space together when I move out... Nothing is staying secret. I'm not sure what to do... I think that there's two reasons i haven't told dad. One, I'm not sure his methods are helping. Two... Sam made me promise not to meddle... And while she may not care about our friendship anymore... I still care and keep my promises to her. Even the dumb ones. She made me promise when she left not to raise the roof until she got back. Guess what I haven't done? Even if her promises to me don't mean shit to her I still care enough to keep mine, and if that means I don't raise the roof till the day that I die then so be it.
And I won't meddle... No matter how much it sucks... I have to believe staying out of the middle and as far out of this mess as I can is for the best.

I hope keeping my promises doesn't bite me in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment