Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Monday, January 17, 2011

My First Kiss... I feel like such a girl - Lauren

So uh... Guess what happened to me last night. Yeah. That's right. Somebody kissed me.
I was at the scare brainstorm meeting early, so I was sitting alone and reading, and as people showed up John came over and joined me, saying I looked lonely. I was reading and thinking about my last post, so I wasn't really up for too much company, but I welcomed his, he's always nice to hang out with. We talked for a while till the meeting was just about to start, then we got up, wandered a bit, then sat down again. The moment I sat down I was flanked by Charity and Montanna - they smooshed in against my sides and said I looked lonely. John considered for a moment, then took off his jacket and laid it against my legs which were folded against me, and used them as a back rest. I felt completely trapped and squashed - but not in a bad way. I felt loved. ^_^

So after a while of meeting Jarrett called a 5 minute break, which lasted more like 15, and we all got up, stretched, and walked around some. During this time Rowan grabbed my hand and pulled me into the hallway. She asked me if I liked John, and when I responded after a moment of thought that I didn't know she told me that she was pretty sure he liked me. I got all embarrassed and shook my head; I didn't really believe it and just kind of wrote it off. When we went to sit back down Montanna took up her seat, but John stole Charity's on my side, and after some failed convincing John to move she took his on my knees. We kept talking in whispers through some boring presentations by some less than fascinating characters, so we had to be close otherwise we wouldn't hear each other. Then.... Out of the blue he just leaned over and kissed me.
I was totally caught by surprise, and didn't really react, but when he pulled away with this really worried look in his eye I smiled really shyly because inside I was flipping out in what seemed like slow motion and scooted a little, then laid my head on his shoulder. He kind of muttered something under his breath and when I asked him what he said he did the whole "I didn't say anything" thing, and when I finally got him to tell me he looked all embarrassed and said I was really pretty - and when I was all embarrassed and said thank you, he kissed me again. This time I kissed him back. It was really nice... not exactly what I expected. I never expected my first kiss to be squashed under Charity and up against Montanna, I never expected it to be him, I never expected it to happen in a scare meeting hiding in the corner, I honestly had no idea what to expect about what it felt like... but it was definitely worth it.
When we pulled away he took my hand in his and gave me this really cute shy smile, and we settled in to watch the rest of the rather strange presentation.
We pretty much spent the rest of the time hanging out together, holding hands with the occasional stolen kiss or my head on his shoulder, kind of bouncing from group to group once it was over and everyone was wandering and hanging out. At one point when we weren't holding hands and Charity apparently just noticed things she dragged me aside and asked me if I liked him (To which I responded I think I did), because he had a huge crush on me, she could tell, and told me that she was pretty sure he was about as shy as I was and if I didn't ask him out she was going to tell him for me. I'm not sure how she managed to miss everything that was going on considering she was lying on my knees when it happened; I guess she was really focused. but yeah... We kept trying to escape his parents so they wouldn't make him leave, it was amusing. Rowan at one point ran up and glomped onto both of us announcing that we were "soooo cute!" and dashed off again, my brother just kind of reacted like... Oh now? What is this? ^_^;; Dork.
But yeah. I feel awesome. My tummy is all full of butterflies and my face is way too hot, but this was exactly what I needed to pull me out of the rut I had been in. I feel so much better about life... And I feel kind of ridiculous for it, but I do.
He wants me to go to Jarrett's overnight Paintball extravaganza birthday party... thing. It's on Jarrett's parent's ranch and everybody from scare was invited. I really want to go. I don't play paintball, but plenty of people go to watch. ^///^
Even if nothing comes of this I'm glad it happened... at the very least I know someone was interested in me enough to try. Which I didn't believe before now would ever happen.
He didn't exactly ask me out... but I'm honestly hoping he will. I do think I like him, despite thinking I'd never like someone shorter than me, I guess I proved myself wrong. ^///^
So thank you John Ilger.
And I like you too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment