Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hit below the belt, metaphorically of course. - Lauren

So, there are certain movies you watch to wallow in feelings, and certain ones you watch to escape them, dive headlong into a whole new world and never look back. The final Lord of the Rings movie shouldn't hit that first category, but it did. What was it about this movie that hit me you ask? Was it the scary ass spider? Nope. When frodo 'died'? When Gollum died? When they beat the armies of Mordor and destroyed the ring? When Bilbo or even gandalf board the ship for the undying lands of the elves? Nope, nothin. It wasn't even when you found out Frodo was going with them across the sea, on the last voyage of the elves. Nope. It was the goodbye hugs between Frodo and his three hobbit companions of the fellowship. Not because of how sad the movie was, but because I felt that pain. The thoughts that run through your head as you hold onto that person like if you let go your whole world will fall apart. When my best friend left I never saw her cry. I hawked my eyes out, and she just looked back over her shoulder and smiled at me, then vanished. I stared after her, and she was gone. I am Samwise Gamgee watching Frodo board the last ship, the last desperate hug, and the turning glance with a wholehearted and sad eyed smile. That's what got me. The goodbye.
I was never good at goodbyes.
I always insisted on telling Sam "It's not goodbye. It's see you later." with the gasp of a breath that comes between the tears.
It's never Goodbye.

Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment