Wordle: The Life Of Teens

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

What a Fucking Night. - Lauren

When something bad happens dad gets this particular sound in his voice. I don't hear it often, but when I do I know that's when it's really bad. It's this high pitched sound, usually attached to a 'what' when he hears. he simply can't understand why something is the way it is, and you can hear it in his voice. I heard that sound tonight. Let me explain...

Went to bed at 12:30 totally exhausted from the awesome concert I went to see last night.
Too tired for choir practice the next morning, decide that I'm going to sleep in and stay until normal school time.
But lo and behold, 4:30 AM Who other to wake me up by banging on the door than his mom. She proceeds to apologize for waking me and tells me that Jim and Patrick were joyriding in a stolen car (my uncle's car) and were chased by the cops up to 120 miles an hour and hit a guardrail. She proceeds to further tell me that Patrick is in the hospital and Jim, my wonderful brother, ran from the cops. He was texting her with Patrick's phone, but that was all, and she knew she had to tell us. I of course get the fun job of waking dad up and telling him this lovely news.

This is when Dad gets the sound in his voice. We're all outside trying to figure out what to do and how to do it, considering we can't get ahold of him. All we know is that he passed Sam Bass and hopped a bunch of barbed wire fences so his hands are all torn up. We know there was blood, but Jim being a 16 year old, 'knows some medical stuff, so he's okay'. Dumbass wasn't wearing a seatbelt. Dad called Jarrett, the defuser and detective for the austin police department - our kindly cop friend who Jim trusts, and we sent Jim his number. Jim (thank god) called him, and Jarrett got his location out of him and got him to stay there, he got him fixated on just wanting to get back to his own warm bed instead of running. Dad's on his way to get him. Julie went home (her mother and daughter were in the car with her, having come from the hospital with patrick). I get to sit and wait, and wait until bryan wakes up and I get to tell him Jim stole and wrecked his car, and try to calm him down. I'd rather be anywhere else.

And of course, it's five in the fucking morning so no one is awake for me to tell this too, so I'm talking to the blog. Hi blog, how are you? Feeling Bloggy today? well that's dandy. Me? Oh i'm just shaking and just as worried as anyone else, but i get to sit and play the waiting game. Oh that sounds fun does it? do I detect some sarcasm? I think I do. Well bloggy... I think I'm going to put something on netflix and eat some mini wheats if I can and try to calm down, and hope someone wakes up. Thanks for listening dear bloggy. Oh, no, I don't think I'll be going to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment